Tray planting method
Today I will share with you the principle, planting steps and precautions of this "tray planting method".
In fact, this vegetable growing method is basically the same as the normal planting principle. The only difference is that in the early stage, it mainly relies on nutrients in the nutrient soil to grow, and the soil can also play a role in fixing seeds and stabilizing the roots of seedlings.
When it grows to a certain extent, the space in the tray hole and the nutrients in the soil are not enough to provide the growth of vegetables (some leafy vegetables are still enough), its roots will extend outside the planting hole, and the roots will be entrenched in the tray. Inside, through the nutrient solution in the tray to provide vegetative growth.
The rhizome fruit can be exposed outside without affecting the growth and looks very beautiful.
Suitable for vegetable types
1. Root vegetables, such as cherry radishes, carrots, onions, garlic, etc.;
2. Leafy vegetables, such as lettuce, lettuce, Chinese cabbage, coriander, celery, etc.;
3. Some melons and fruits, such as small tomatoes, peppers and other small plants are also available.
Long vine vegetables, such as cucumber, loofah, wax gourd, bitter gourd and many other vines are very long, and the fruit is very large and heavy, which is not very suitable.
Pros and cons
Advantages: beautiful, high space utilization, can be placed in many places at home.
Disadvantages: large-scale fruits and vegetables are not suitable for climbing vines.
Vegetables grown like this:
1. Choose deeper seedling holes and trays with larger diameters (choose trays with no holes at the bottom and no water leakage).
2. Normal sowing, just sow 1-3 seeds per hole. After emergence, only one plant will be left in each hole.
3. Buy some nutrient solution or make some organic liquid fertilizer (composted liquid fertilizer is a good choice).
4.When the plant grows to a certain extent and the roots are about to reach out of the seedling hole, add some water to the tray, and add some organic liquid fertilizer to the tray to provide nutrients (in the seedling stage, you can also add some water to the bottom of the tray. , Can prevent the soil from being dry in the hole).
Matters needing attention
1. Always keep the roots outside the nursery hole in water. If the water in the tray is dry and the roots are also dry, it is easy to cause the plants to wither;
2. The roots of the vegetables in the tray are coiled together without affecting each other, so it will be more stable, as long as there is no shortage of water and fertilizer;
3. When picking, you can directly use scissors to cut off the vegetable roots, and it will not damage the vegetable roots in other holes.